Saturday, June 19, 2010

Sometimes she just amazes me...

I do it all the time... we all have. You start something, like a diet or learning a language, and then you quit. Someday, I'm going to learn the guitar! Yep... I sure am (don't hold your breath). Well,

Joy doesn't do that. She is the first and only person I know that says she's going to do something and then just does it. She doesn't need support from friends, she doesn't care if it's 'cool' or is in the latest fashion (like one of her more retarded friends does). She just buckles down and knocks it out. She wanted to learn to play the harp and she's awesome at it. She's never, ever applied for a job and not gotten it. She's never had a job where she wasn't promoted above her peers faster than anyone else. A few months ago she wanted to learn how to knit and sew. This is her first project, she just finished it.


It's wild because, she really follows through on what she sets out on. It's awesome, and it forces me to be motivated at the same time, which I love. So, I thought I'd share this pillow with you and some insight into my life with Joy. She's the reason why I push myself forward. If it wasn't for her I'd probably be working for Ian.

No comments: